About upcoming release Rakugo and missing links.
Missing Download Links
So as you can notice I removed links to project downloads and docs. New version of Rakugo needs tests - it was totally rewritten. You can stili download old version if you want here.
About the upcoming release Rakugo 3.0.0
Vaasref and I rewrite Rakugo now:
- We remove Framework part from the name, is now just Rakugo
- It uses less code
- More clean code structure
- Now we will use branches for game-kits, addons and demos instead of subgit modules
- User now only need to use
Dialoguecustom node and nothing more
- More godot way - using groups and graphical signals connections
- Use of
- Removed RakugoProjectSettings tab in favor of using standard Godot’s ProjectSettings in better way
- Now you can combine
menu()statements instead of using just one of them at once
- No more need for
if next_state():, now after statements block you can use
- No more need for using
jump()to jump in the next dialog in the same scene
What about Some X Node or some x feature that was included in previous versions of Rakugo
Some of them will comeback as part of some Rakugo game-kits or addons.
Now for Rakugo works correct you must reopen project again after first open.
Download and test
Now this current version of Rakugo is consider to be stable beta, but we need testers so if you want to help us you can download/fork project template and port of The Question.
- Rakugo Template: https://github.com/rakugoteam/Rakugo/archive/master.zip
- The Question: https://github.com/rakugoteam/Rakugo/archive/the-question.zip
I soon will post text and video tutorials how to use new Rakugo.